Saturday 16 February 2013

Eye spy - Jewelry by Claire Allain of lovebird


Claire Allain of lovebird

Claire has been making contemporary jewelry for 15 years.  She moved to New Zealand from the UK five years ago and opened her shop lovebird on Felt in February 2012.  Claire uses precious metals (including silver she recycles herself) and annodised aluminium. Claire's designs are simple and contemporary but the lines and shapes are exquisite.  My absolute favorite is the Tui necklaces.  The bird earrings below have a child-like simplicity that is enchanting; they make me smile every time I see them.  Now that might be just what I need to walk into work on Monday morning with a smile on my face!   

You can buy Claire's jewelry at lovebird on Felt or at claireallainjewellery.co.nz and visit her blog http://claireallainjewellery.blogspot.co.nz/





No comments:

Post a Comment